View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:04 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Connection to Deplit's article 
All-star
All-star

Hi girls! Our school just recently had some in school training on how to help our EC population within our classroom. (Since this seems to be one area that we did not meet AYP.) We watched a video called F.A.T. City. It was a rather old video, but it was very good. I don't know if any of you have seen the video, but it made me think of this article. The presenter took a group of parents, teachers, social workers, etc. and tried to make them feel like an EC child does inside a classroom. Even though I have always tried to be very sensitive to the needs of my EC children, this video really made me think! When he was demonstrating different "teacher" things that we do in a classroom that are detramental to a child with a leatning disability, I was connecting to this article. I thought about how we need to be so CAREFUL how we say and do things in our classroom - not only with different cultures, but with students who have a learning disability as well. Giving directions, asking questions, various things we say, etc. may all be very difficult for a child who has a learning disability. Anyway, if you girls have not seen this video you may be having a hard time connecting with my post here. I just kept thinking about that article as I was watching this video! Any thoughts?? Has anyone seen this video?? Or do you have any thoughts on my scatter-brained post here??? See everyone on Wednesday!

Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:26 am
All-star
All-star

Chandra, I have seen the video you mentioned along with several others that are similar. It does make you stop and think. This is true for not just EC students but others as well. Every student has their own learning style(or story).

Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:54 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]