View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Changing a big T Truth? 
All-star
All-star

I saw an interesting news story recently and it reminded me of our class discussion. Is it Galileo all over again? Evidently scientists found some human bones in SC that date back to WAY before they thought humans were ever here. Interesting - I guess this is another example of how a big T truth CAN change (if I understand all this stuff!)

Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:03 am
All-star
All-star

Amy - that's a great example for a changing Big T Truth. I hadn't heard about that story, thanks for passing it along. It's hard to wrap your brain around all of the Big T/little t stuff, but I guess the main thing is that every "truth" is subject to change, and that the current "Truths" are the best we can muster up for the time. Evolution was an interesting topic that we touched on in the discussion - I had always been under the assumption that evolution was still considered a theory and wondered if most people still viewed it as such. Not that I would be standing on a soap box about creation vs. evolution, but I do think that even evolution should be categorized as a theory. Sometimes we rely so much on science, we don't consider the other areas that humans still no so little about, such as religion/creation. Why can't both coexist?

Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:53 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]