View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:58 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Poisonwood Bible 
All-star
All-star

Hi Everyone:

Well, the read turned out to be good. The mother, and the daughters each has her own story. There a lots of truths in the book as each character evolves. There are some connections to the solidarity and the objectivity paper on truths. I guess each of them had truth, but according to the story they had. It was good to read what each girl and the mother brougnt back from the experience in the Congo. I enjoyed the book more as the girls went into their different worlds. To see how each would turn out was very interesting, but I really did hate to see the youngest die. It was quite a story.

Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:09 am
All-star
All-star

I agree that the reading got a whole lot more interesting towards the end when each one of the girls was talking about what they brought back from the Congo. I too hated to see Ruth May die, especially by the snake. What a horrible death for anyone but when it's a child it seems to make it worse. I really enjoyed reading the book. I noticed towards the end when they were talking about their lives I couldn't seem to put the book down because I was so into it.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:45 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]