View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 "The Polar Express" 
All-star
All-star

Hi everyone, I know that this topic is not directly related to our class, but I would like to share my thoughts with you guys. Today I took my first grade class, along with Chandra's class too, to see the Polar Express movie, it was a great rendition of the book, by Chris Van Allsburg. He actually co-prouced the movie. If you have not seen it, I recommend it. I know that is has not gotten the best reviews, but it is a wonderful movie and sometimes the expert aren't always right. I have used the book around this time of year but now to be able to see the movie really brought the book to life, specially for the students. The theme is so important for theme to understand that the true spirit of Christmas lies within your heart and that "believing is not just seeing". Anyway, just wanted to share my day with you guys. This book is very true to my heart and I still "believe."

Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:41 pm
All-star
All-star

I took my two boys to see this movie-they are 2 & 4 and I really didn't know if they would understand the whole point of "believing is just not seeing" but I really think after reading the book to them several times and taking them to watch the movie-they really did seem to understand. I thought it was a great movie! My boys keep asking to go see it again. My oldest keeps asking me if I hear the bells ringing and I say yes, I hear them-he just smiles. I would recommend this movie to everyone of all ages-it's great.
Even my 2 year old sat there and ate his popcorn and watched the entire movie-if it caught the attention of a 2 year old then it must be good.
April, I love this book as well and truly believe.

Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:01 am
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

I too use the book in my classroom during the holiday season. I've been wanting to go see it. Now that I've heard so many people talking about what a great movie it is, I must go and see it. Thanks for the teacher reviews. I agree the experts don't always get it right.

Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:35 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I, too, appreciate the "teacher reviews". I am going to have to go see "Polar Express", too. It sounds wonderful.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:00 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]