View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Effect on my Students 
All-star
All-star

I wanted to comment on how my studnets have changed as I have changed over this semester. As I have been more conscious about the interactions that I have with my students, I have noticed positive improvements in them. One student who never ever ever completed his work, actually tries hard and volunteers in class! We started out butting heads, but the more I took the time to hear him, the more I saw him. If that makes sense. THen there is my student who tries so hard to have friends, but just can't get past the anger over his parents' death. We were both struggling for quite awhile until I gave him the support and help he needed. He still has a way to go but I think our relationship has becoming a way for him to grow and heal. At the beginning I did not think that this class would be useful in my classroom, but SURPRISE, it has!

Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

Amie, That is awesome! I'm glad you're connecting with your students. That is probably the most important impact we can have on some of them - just think, you may be the one person who affected a child's life in a positive way when he/she needed it the most. As you know I'm not teaching right now, but I hope to think about some of the messages from this class when I do return to the classroom.

Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:26 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]