View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Graduation rates 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Hi folks! I have a hard time believing that the state can't figure out graduation rates. I understand that the feds and the state have different formulas but I believe that, since it's tied to Federal $, the state will have to bite the bullet and accept the fed. formula. I know that in some areas of the state black culture seems to passively accept dropping out of school as OK. Is that the main reason for the disproportionate percentage of minorities is our jails?

Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:03 pm
All-star
All-star

Hi! It has been my understanding in previous school years that if a K-12 student moves out of state, that student is counted as a "drop out" when the drop out rate is calculated. Is this still the current practice in North Carolina?

Elizabeth

Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:40 pm
All-star
All-star

Mitchell county has a huge drop out rate. Seems that rumor has it that the drop outs push 60 or 70%. Who knows? I can't find this information on the web. Perhaps such negative information simply hasn't made it's way to public viewing yet or maybe I've just not hit the right google formula.

Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]