View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Brigham's views on testing 
All-star
All-star

I think that it is interesing that Brigham's views on the pitfalls of testing on pages 40 and 41 have in my opinion come true.

We should have heeded his warning!

Paula

Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:59 am
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

I still don't really understand how it got so out of control especially when people were aware that this was a possibility. It seems that no one wants to accept the responsibility for it. I only wish that the people that are making the decisions would come be a part of the testing process, so they could see what is happening to our children. Don’t get me wrong, I think there has to be a means to keep teachers, parents, and students accountable, but there has to be a better way.

Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:25 pm
All-star
All-star

Yes, I agree. Perhaps we need a way to hold the test makers accountable! But in order to do this we, ( the teachers, parents and students) need to understand that there are other options and insist that government use these options. Until we do the money making machine will continue to roll over us all.

Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:40 am
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

I agree that the people who make the decisions should beomce part of the testing process. While administering the 4th grade E.O.G. to E.C. students last school year and watching them struggle for hours, I found myself thnking, "The people who created this test and the legislators who require it should have to serve as proctors." I know that will probably never happen, but wouldn't it be an "eyeopening" experience for the test creators and legislators. Elizabeth

Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]