View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 The American Dream at Groton 

Great news! I contacted the alumni office at Groton, asking if there was any way we could catch up with Jo Vega. According to Teebie Bunn, Groton Alumni Director, there was an article written last year as a follow up to Jo Vega and the other students. I believe they included the two young men as well. She mailed it to me on Friday, and hopefully I will receive it today. I look forward to sharing it with everyone. BMS

Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:10 am
All-star
All-star

Thank you for contacting Groton. I look forward to receiving an update on Jo and the other students.
Elizabeth

Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:52 pm
All-star
All-star

You know I am glad Jo did well and became a lawyer but I have to admit I'm rather sad that she didn't follow her artistic inclinations. I quess its just the actor in me but I half expected her to own an art gallery or to be a successful artist.

Paula

Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

I was a music major in undergrad. The music major side of me wondered if Jo would pursue her artistic talent. The world needs good lawyers. I am very proud of Jo. Elizabeth

Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:02 am
All-star
All-star

I just received the article. Thanks so much for sending it. I loved reading about the students all grown up. It also hit me that the moment that bothered us so much in class, is the moment that Jo recalls so clearly. I wonder if Tom Wright is correct and her children will fit in more easily. Bet they will! Thanks again for all your work!

Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:01 pm
Profile WWW

I had a little pang of disappointment too, as I read that Jo became a lawyer rather than an artist. But I'll bet she's a good attorney too. Reading about that group gave me some hope that when we talk about potential and the possibilities of life to our students, it's not really falling on deaf ears even though they may seem not to hear. As they get older, maybe they'll remember what they were taught the way that group seemed to. I certainly hope so.

Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:38 pm
All-star
All-star

That is a note of true comfort. I had a "deaf ears" kind of day today so your statement helps me breath a sigh of relief! There is hope!

Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

Elizabeth

Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:02 pm
All-star
All-star

Bonnie, Thanks for your efforts in getting this information. It is interesting to get to see "the rest of the story." I agree it does give me a sense of hope that maybe we could be making a difference for the children that we have the opportunity to work with. It would help to make those "deaf ears" days more bearable.

Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]