View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Some people don't understand Christianity 
All-star
All-star

I find it interesting that opponents to the Christian faith always point to the randomness, or coincidence, of earth being the only planet in this vast and expansive universe with man. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT!!!

Man is that important! That is what God is saying through the creating of the universe...that man is so important that he would create all of this for us!

Ishmael is a reasoner and a thinker...that is great, God gave us a brain. But, what Ishmael doesn't have is faith. Without faith, his logic and reasoning will always remain unfulfilled.

oh by the way, this is ben!

Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:45 am
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

Doesn't free will and choice also play a part? Could Ismael leave? Can we leave our lot in life?

Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:12 pm
All-star
All-star

I think we have the free will to make the wrong decision, but free will doesn't change the truth.

Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:28 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

I agree with Ben. Too often those who have an opinion that is exclusive are seen as wrong for that very reason. There are truths! Creation of this planet for man is plausible. In fact, that is what I believe to be true. It seems that anyone who holds that belief is made to be short-sighted and very naive.

Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:55 pm
All-star
All-star

I agree that the Earth was created for mankind. All the challenges and possibilites were present from the beginning and man's use of free will has guided the culture to the present. Free will does not change the truth, but it does change a culture's perception of that truth.The very presence of God in all that was created has been forgotten by some.

Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:36 pm
All-star
All-star

The forgotten presence of God has lead us to the problems we face today. Many people look at free will to make decisions, when they should be placing their faith and belief in God.

Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:48 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

So, if we place our trust in God, all will be ok. Is this what Nathan did in PWB. It didn't work for him. We need to trust in God , but God gave us a brain to work through things and make choices and decisions.

Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:17 am
All-star
All-star

OK here I go out on a limb. I personally have always thought that to believe (of the christian faith or not) that we are the only important creation God may have made and placed in this vast universe is egotistical. Perhaps it is the science background again. If God is what is most important (and not us) why would he place value only on us as a species?

Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:35 pm
Profile YIM
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I guess that I'm one of those people that doesn't truely understand Christianity. Here's my current prevailing question. I don't understand the concept for example when some one is ill we pray for them and if they get better it was the power of prayer. If they get worse and died it was the will of God. Why is it the will of God and not the failure of prayer? Why is a healing called a miracle and not the will of God? Finally, if the will of God is all powerful then what is purpose of prayer?

I believe that God is the entity in all religions just seen differently. If one looks at religion in general it is based largely on the same principles.

Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:32 am
All-star
All-star

Phil, I think it's important to remember that our lives are tainted by sin...which none of us is without. Furthermore, God is only part of the equation. When sin is allowed into your life, you allow satan into your life (it sounds very supernatural and preachy, but if there is God, then there is satan). As much as God wants us to be like him, satan wants us to fail and do evil. It is not fair for us to put the burden on God to do all the work when we allow much of the harm that comes on us through our own actions.

God can change the course of your life, but it is not required of him...especially if you choose to go directly against what is he has commanded.

Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:26 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]