View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Taking with you. 
All-star
All-star

Out of everything we learned in this class what is one thing you will use as an administrator? My lesson would be to remember the huge differences in backgrounds among the people you wish to lead, such as parents, students, and teachers.

Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:27 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think that the biggest thin that I will take away from this class is self reflection prompted by my comments during the Sudbury discussion. Although I said that I wasn't passonate about this job and that I didn't take this job because I love kids, I believe I am where I need to be. I have fought with myself on this issue many times. I believe that there is a higher power that put where I am because I understand teens and want the best for them. I believe that we must work with the teens to help them see their potential dispite of their resistance. If I can make a difference in just one teen's life, I have made a difference. Everyone that I work with tells how good I am working with the students in our school and my thoughts would always be, "Why can't I be good at something I love to do". I believe I really do love what I do but it not where I pictured myself 10 to 20 years ago..........I am working on painting a new picture and the image is taking shape.

Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:21 am
All-star
All-star

The biggest thing I will take from this class is the continued relationships that we have made with one another. We have come a long way from those first classes where we didn't interact. It always helps to know that there are others out there fighting the same fight and encountering the same issues. We can revel in each other's successes and help with the failures. I look forward to our last two semesters and continued contact as we move on in our careers.

I'm also looking forard to that party at Sharon's!

oh by the way, this is ben!

Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:32 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

Guys,

I agree. I am taking with me the ability to always know that there are other perspectives and "truths." The knowledge that we play a critical role in the lives of children. But, yes Ben, I too take with me the friendships that we have developed and the comfort in knowing that we have someone to turn too. YES, I almost forgot, can't wait to swim in Sharon's pool.

Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:49 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

Hi everyone,
I will take with me the friendships I have made with all of you. The support you have given me has been more than you will know. I will take to heart the lessons of leadership and the importance of "leading by heart". Also, I will take with me a change of perception concerning my relationships with members of diverse cultures and the influence I may have on others.-even without meaning to influence.
I am soo looking forward to the PARTY! (just a little pressure on you Sharon!)

Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:49 pm
All-star
All-star

Without a doubt the “Worlds within our heads.â€

Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:09 pm
All-star
All-star

Great point Ben! Just wanted to add my two cents about the party at Sharon's house.

Mon May 02, 2005 6:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]