View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Opinions about Iraq War and President Bush 
All-star
All-star

I know that most of the topics that have been posted pertain to education, but I wanted to know other people's opinions on the war in Iraq and our President. Do you agree or disagree with the war? What is your personal opinion of President George W. Bush?

Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:00 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

The President had great reasons to enter the war in Iraq in the very beginning. Unfortunately since then information has been crossed and misused to a point where the general public has only a foggy since of what’s going on over there at the moment. As the conflict continues through the current elections it seems rather clear that the people caught in the middle have been waiting for a time where they thought the occupying forces would take it upon themselves to realize their job can be done from somewhere other than their homes and neighborhoods. There were good reasons for getting involved, but Bush just does not know when to quit. Hopefully we’ll be out soon.

Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:27 am
All-star
All-star

I have friends who have been in Iraq. They didn't complain because they are soldiers and they are taught and trained to follow the orders of their superiors. Because of this, I will support our troops in Iraq until they all come home. As far as the reasons for the war, I think Bush lied about some things and got caught. My personal opinion of Bush is this, he is an idiot and I can't believe people in this country are dumb enough to elect and re-elect yet another moron. He also needs to learn the proper way to pronounce nuclear. Its not nuke-ular!!!!

Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:38 am
All-star
All-star

Honestly I am not a fan of the war because i feel like we have a lot of things going on america that need to be looked at. Seems like america is always trying to save the rest of the world.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:49 am
All-star
All-star

I am a supporter of Bush. I believe that the information given to him from the very get go was faulty and that the fault lies not with Bush but with those upon whom his cabinet is based. When a person is given wrong intelligence, then it makes that person look like a fool in front of everybody else. Example is in the movie Legally Blonde. Some aquaintances give her information that a costume party is happening, when in fact it is not. She looks crazy in a pink bunny outfit. Now I believe that facts have been thrown around like a tornado and now nobody in the American public really knows what's going on. I have a cousin that recently came back to the states from Iraq. I did not like the fact that he was in a dangerous location and his life threatened. However, I have to ask what is the price of freedom? Is it one life or two, or maybe even three? What price can you put on freedom? Obviously the Iraqi people believe in freedom enough to die for it when they engaged in elections. Brandon you said that America seems like we're always trying to save the world. What happens if someone doesn't try to save the rest of the world? I am saying that America should be an outright imperialistic nation? Absolutely not, but that when freedom is in danger that the world, not just the US, should stand up in defense of freedom.

Check out my website at www.geocities.com/craze4hikn

Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:04 am
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

President Bush was the one who selected the majority of his cabinet members. I feel that the blame of the Iraq War does fall upon him. America should not be the sole protector of the world. If the United States is the protector of the world and the provider of freedom, we would be spending all of our time, soldiers, and money on fighting for freedom around the world, it is impossible. I also feel that if the Iraq War was the right choice, there would have been many more allies in the fight. I also feel like the true war on terrorism (Afghanistan) was put on the back burner for Iraq.

Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:49 pm
All-star
All-star

In my opinion, when we went to war in Iraq, the war in Afghanistan was definitely put on the side of the road. You don't hear hardly any news on how things are going there, what we are doing there now, and things like that. Plus, what you do find is buried on Page A10 of the newspaper. I disagreed with war in Iraq at the beginning and I still disagree with it even though I truely support my friends and fellow soldiers who are there. And I agree with Brittany in that Bush is at fault, because he choose his cabinet and he choose whose opinions he would listen too.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:27 pm
All-star
All-star

I just wanted to let everyone know that even though I do not support the war in Iraq, I do support the soldiers because they are putting their life on the line each and everyday.

Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:34 pm
All-star
All-star

first...i think that it is cool, that we can discuss these issues without taking it personally. I really get ticked when teachers trash-talk issues like this, and then say that we don't need to go into that....my block 1 teacher does that. Also, i really get ticked when teachers try to push their politics on me and others. i think that whoever you voted for, then you have good reasons, and they may be different or the same as mine, but that is your opinion, and that's cool! i am not a big fan of war, and i agree with the others who have stated that America is trying to save the world, and i think that Brandon mentioned "we have enough issues of our own..." (poor, homeless, and yet we are shelling out tons of money). I will continue to pray for our soldiers while they are away. I think that people view war as "lets go get em," but they don't see war on the individual level. that is what we need to be looking at!

Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:31 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]