View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:23 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Still thinking 
All-star
All-star

I know that we have already discussed the event in Vietnam, but I have still been thinking about it off and on....the one question that I still have in my mind, is if the soldiers reverted back to how they were trained, what made them come out of that trance? I can understand both sides of what we discussed in class, I was just wondering if any one had any ideas?

~Hannah

Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:27 pm
All-star
All-star

When a person is in a high intensity, complex situation as combat training does take over. The same could be said for doctors, EMTs, firemen, etc. However, once the situation is over and ordered society returns to normal, the person or persons involved return to whatever they were doing. I know several nurses that just try to put the highly intense situation out of their minds, most do not even think about it because they were so concentrated on the moment. I do not believe that it is a trance-like state, rather it is more of being called upon to engage in actions that a person would not normally do.

Check out my website at www.geocities.com/craze4hikn

Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:41 am
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

I know in certain situations, I just react. My training has been beat into me, both literally and figuritively, throughout my military career. It becomes instinct to an extent. And I agree with Travis, that once the actual moment is over and the adrenline has stopped pumping, you feel both relieved and exhausted because the rush of the moment is gone.

Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:30 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]