View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:16 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Social Security 
All-star
All-star

I watched the State of the Union Address tonight and a major topic was the idea of privatizing and changing the social security system. I was just wondering how everyone felt about the changes that may take place and if those changes are needed?

Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:40 pm
All-star
All-star

I think that it is pretty safe to say that without some form of help SS will be bankrupt by some point in the future. When the program was started, the average lifespan only went into the forties and fifties. So, the government bumped up the age for retirement. I think that one of two things will need to happen. One, the retirement age will be bumped up again or two, the government will hand over the money to people to decide what to do with it. I think that the President's intentions are good, but need some refinement in the actual delivering of funds to the people who receive them.

Check out my website at www.geocities.com/craze4hikn

Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:48 pm
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

I was just wondering if you have any specific ideas about what should be done to alter the social security system? I have heard several options such as raising the retirement age. What do you think should be done?

Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:23 am
All-star
All-star

I think that Social Security funds should be given to people to decide what to do with them. I would use as much of my funds as possible to put into a CD or some other investment gaining interest and live off as much of the interest as I could.

Check out my website at www.geocities.com/craze4hikn

Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]