View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:13 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Iran 
All-star
All-star

There has been much talk in the news about Iran and their involvement in terrorism and their nuclear weapons system. I was wondering what action you all feel would be appropriate to address these issues.

Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:21 am
All-star
All-star

Let me say first of all that I do not believe that any country will be the first one to give up its nukes. If you disarm your nukes, you are the first country to be attacked with nukes of another country.

If we are going to talk about Iran, we must also talk about North Korea. Both Iran and Korea now have nuclear programs with North Korea asserting to the world that it has weapons of mass destruction. North Korea has refused to talks with a six-country council. I believe that should they continue to refuse, we should leave them alone. If they want to try to be the bully on the block, then we simply ignore them. Once the country sees that no country in the world can be totally self-sufficient, maybe then they will want to talk again. I believe that if the world will engage in an embargo against both these countries and actively enforce it, then this scary situation will go away.

Check out my website at www.geocities.com/craze4hikn

Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

I hope that something like an embargo would work. I agree with the fact that no country is going to be the first to give up its nuclear weapons. I don't even think that any country in the future while every give up these weapons.

Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:50 pm
All-star
All-star

I agree that an embargo would be ideal. However, why would that be fair, considering we attacked the citizens of Iraq for "possessing" WMD (which were never found)? Clearly, our government acts on its own interests, which often have nothing to do with protecting the world, other countries, or even our own US citizens.

Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:22 am
All-star
All-star

You made a great point. I feel that we too attacked Iraq in a manner that was benefical for our government. If we are to set up an embargo with Iran it would be a double standard.

Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:50 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 5 posts ]