View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Philosophy of Teaching 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

As many of us are nearing the end of our college career we must begin thinking about the future and where we might be teaching. With this comes interviewing and talking with different principals. In thinking about interviews and what might be asked of us, I can't help but think we might hear something about our "philosophy of teaching". What are your ideas on this subject and do you have a specific philosophy of education? If you aren't exactly sure, what are some ideas you have when it comes to being an effective teacher? Is everyone comfortable with interviews and discussing their strenghts and weaknesses? I personally feel that this can be a scary matter. If there are any pointers or hints that you guys have on interviewing and presenting yourself feel free to post them. :)

Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:13 am
All-star
All-star

One important tip that I have to offer about interviewing is that you need to make sure to make eye contact with the person who is interviewing you at all times. This shows confidence. Of course you need to look nice and also use proper speech. In terms of a teaching philosophy, I would say since my subject is History, that I desire to teach in a manner in which students will learn history in more than just the rogue manner of memorization. My desire is to have every student learn history and how it has led to the lives that we live today...I want students to be able to see history as more then dead individuals and wars but as relevant topics today.

Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:36 am
All-star
All-star

One interview I have been told about is doing some research about the school ahead of time...as far as their philosophies and policies. Another good idea is to be up to date on current events involving education, because your interviewer may ask you for your opinion on issues.

Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:36 pm
All-star
All-star

In my middle school block, this is pretty heavily emphasized. I think my philosophy is that I treasure variety. Variety in both my students and in my teaching styles. I welcome and understand that students have many different learning styles and abilities, and I intend to welcome and work with all of them. I do not want a "traditional" or predictable classroom. I'm not completely sure about philosophy, but I definitely have been encouraged to think about it!

Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:00 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]