View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:23 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Student Teaching 
All-star
All-star

I know that some of us are going to be doing our student teaching in the fall. I was just wondering if you were going back home to do your student teaching or if you are going to stay in the Boone area. I was also wondering how everyone feels about going home to live with your parents after being independent (if you are going home to do your student teaching).

Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:59 am
All-star
All-star

I've seriously thought about this. I will be student teaching in the fall, so I was actually thinking about moving back home after next year so I could work with a middle school band director from back home. There are a few that I would actually consider working with who have done a fantastic job with their band programs.

However, I really don't know if I could live with my parents again. This would make it easier on me though, considering that I would have to pay little to no rent, and food wouldn't be an issue...

I think it's all about how comfortable you are working in the same environment that you grew up in.

Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:57 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

With apartment leases how they are I will be staying up here to fulfill my contract without a sub leaser. I am also doing my student teaching next spring, so my case is slightly different. That is my main motivation of staying up here though.

Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:38 am
All-star
All-star

Well the middle school program is a little different. We are limited to about a 6 county surrounding area in which we can do our student teaching. This bothers me in a few ways. One, those of us who could use the extra financial assistance of living at home can't take advantage of that. And two, those of us who are interested in teaching in more urban settings rather than the rural schools that the program offers do not get that opportunity. The middle grades program is REALLY small compared to elementary or secondary so they try to keep us a little more coraled, but I hate the fact that I'm not going to get the opportunity to at least get my feet wet in an urban school before I go to teach in one.

Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:17 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I am planning on going back home to do my student teaching because I am comfortable with where I grew up. Although I do think I am a fairly dependent person and don't know how much I would like permanently moving back in at home. I am hoping to get my own place wherever I go! :D

Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:28 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I will be student teaching in Wilmington in the fall because I am not able to work (or I should say, not able to get paid for work). With me not worknig AND having to pay for daycare for our son, my husband and I are going to close up our house and live with my parents for the semester...free daycare!

Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:13 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I am going to go home to student teach next spring because I want to try to get my foot in the door and becuase it will save my mom some money. I think that I am going to be sad that I am away from all my sorority sisters and friends but I think I will be so busy teaching that I will not have to much time to be sad and I can come back up and visit.

Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:10 pm
All-star
All-star

I will hopefully be doing my student teaching here in Watauga County although I won't be doing it until the spring. I don't have the option of going home to do it, but even if I could there is no way I would be able to live at home with my parents. After being on my own I think it would cause too many problems if I moved back in. So, I'll have my own apartment.

Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:50 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I will not be student teaching until spring 05, but it is deffinitly something I have put a lot of thought into. I am planning on moving back home to Charlotte, living with my parents, and teaching in Mecklenburg County somewhere. Right now, I am not too keen on the fact that I will be moving in witht the rents, but I think when the time comes I will be ready!

Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:16 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]