View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Bullies 
All-star
All-star

We touched on this briefly, but I know you've all experienced it on one side or another. How have you been affected by bullies?

Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:26 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I used to be picked on about my size like something horrible in Junior High School, actually all my life, but in junior high there was one particular girl that really had it out for me! She was good at making jokes or noices when I walked by and behind my back, making her group join in on it too! My growth spurt hit me earlier than others and in upper elementary school I started playing basketball. I was the tall, overweight girl that played 'center'. Nothing was really said to my face that I remember but I was looked at by other teams as the BIG intimidator! I know they talked about me and referred to me as the BIG girl on the Tiger's team!

Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:50 pm
All-star
All-star

I can honestly say that I have never been bullied, however it really frustrates me when I see it happen to others especially young children. It's sad because it happens all the time. How can we as adults/teachers teach young ones about bullying? Should we cover a lesson on it, or just simply put a stop to it in our classrooms?

Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:56 pm
All-star
All-star

I got picked on a little bit when I was younger, nothing tormenting or too bad. I was a really short, athletic tomboy back in the day. It was great for gymnastics, but at school some of the kids picked on me because of my height. I had a ton of guy friends because I didnt like too many girls and because I wasn't into girlie things. I had this pair of nike shoes that I loved and wore everyday to school and some of the stuck up girls would ask me why I didn't have any other shoes. Haha. Of course I did have other shoes but I just LOVED those shoes and had to wear them. Its funny to think about now, but back then I was crushed!

Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:53 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

When I was younger I got picked on a little bit and it bothered me but it eventually stopped but for alot of people it doesnt. I think that it is cruel and that it is wrong. My brother was picked on for a long time and now he refuses to take classes with those kids. They are in Ap classes and my brother should be in those classes because he is smart enough to but he refuses to put himself any where near those kids and I dont blame him. I think that it is sad that teachers can allow this to happen i know that they cannot control all of it but they can stop what they see. They can try to prevent children form not doing something becuse they know they will be picked on.

Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:58 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I moved to North Carolina when I was about 11 years old from Connecticut. When I first moved here, I had a northern accent that was very noticable. This was how I mainly got picked on when I was younger.

Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:11 pm
All-star
All-star

The only time I was "bullied" was in 6th grade when I first moved back to the US from Cameroon, Africa. My clothes weren't "cool" and I was kind of nerdy ie) did well in school and wasn't really up on pop culture. In Waxhaw, the town where I'm now "from" and where I went to 6th grade, has a number of missionary kids like me because one of the Wycliffe Bible Translators centers (JAARS Center) is there. That's where our parents work. So anyway, on our school bus (many of us lived in nearby neighborhoods so there were a lot of us on this bus) we were known as "the JAARS kids." We were made fun of a lot by a few 7th and 8th graders on the bus. I had enough self-confidence that I did not take what they were saying too seriously, but it made me feel really out of place, and made it very difficult to transition back into the "American culture." I assumed that all American students saw me the way they did.

Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:42 pm
All-star
All-star

When I was younger, I wasn't as tall and big as I am now. Believe it or not, I was actually a little runt. I used to catch a lot of crap from the more popular kids because my family couldn't afford to buy all the cool clothes. There were only a few guys that I considered my friends (still friends with to this day). I even tried to get them to like me, but that ended the day the most popular kid in my class said that he hated all Indians. In 9th grade, I hit a growth spurt during summer football workouts and got into a fight nearly everyday. Needless to say, I may have heard a lot of racist crap after my growth spurt, but no one would fight me again. To this day it really infuriates me to see kids get picked on or bullied, if I see it, I stop it.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:14 pm
All-star
All-star

I didn't get picked on too much during elementary school because it was such a small school. In high school, I got picked a little but it was more just friendly jiving among friends rather than actual bullying.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:05 pm
All-star
All-star

I was horribly picked on by bullies. It occurred in numerous places, most prominently on the school bus. I was forcefully pushed up against the class when two other people want to sit in the same seat as me. In addition, I had ink poured in my hair and my head slammed up against the glass when I was looking out the window. I was punched for no apparent reason. I was additionally called numerous names that ranged from the classic "four-eyes" to some I will not repeat. Yes, I have had my share of bullies.

Check out my website at www.geocities.com/craze4hikn

Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

I can honestly say that I personally never had a problem with bullies. However, I was witness to several occasions when other people were being bullied in one way or the other.

Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:23 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 11 posts ]