View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Students Rights 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I was thinking about what students can and can't wear at certain school such as hats, have certain piercings such as nose or eyebrows, they might not be able to wear bandanas or flip flops. Where can the school draw the line on what a student can and cannot wear. What kind of rights should students be allowed to have when it comes to these issues.

Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:14 pm
All-star
All-star

I think students should be able to express theirselves but i an not sure that doing so with clothing is a great idea at school. Students are there to learn and that is where the focus should be. we must remember that they are not paying for the education so there are just some rights they will not have

Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:26 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree with Brandon, students should be able to express themselves but maybe not with material things at school. Some clothing and piercings can cause distractions and take the focus off of school and learning. Some things can be offensive and would just be better not seen in the school atmosphere. It would be more respectful for everyone there. :wink:

Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:24 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I would have to agree with Sarah and Brandon that students should be able to express themselves but in a tastefull manner. Most students of the ages where clothing really makes a difference know what is called "acceptable" with society when it comes to clothing and it should be followed as a rule. The showing of your waist with a shirt that is to small is not appropriate. It is just like would the student want to see their 60 year old teacher wear a tank-top? (Because that has happened to me!) Piercings are fine as long as they are in reason and like I said earlier the students who are old enough to get them know when they are over the line. School is not home therefore it requires more respect for others and thier views.

Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:46 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]