View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Grad school after college. 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I was wondering if people are trying to go to graduate school directly after college or if they will be working afew years first. Is it really harder to go back if you have already been working?

Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:00 pm
All-star
All-star

I know I am planning on graduate school, but not for a few years. Also, I think if you take a break between undergraduate and graduate, then you will have a better appreciation of what it takes to do well in school because you have been there and done that so to say. I know I will feel more confident if I have actually been in the field teaching the things I will be learing about, instead of just reading about it in textbooks.

Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:25 pm
All-star
All-star

I plan on waiting a couple of years and getting my experience in the classroom before going to graduate school. I have always been advised by other educators that it is best to get a couple of years of experience before going back to school, simply to insure that you still want to teach for the rest of your life and it helps you to figure out what you would want to get your masters in! There are several that chose to go and get their masters and then go into the classroom, and realize then that they do not want to be there! I think that there are so many options for what one can get their masters in, and for me, I think a few years of experience in the education field will help to figure all of that out!

Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:18 am
All-star
All-star

I waited seven years between undergrad and grad school. The life experience made me appreciate my education and I got way more out of it than if I would have gone directly into grad. school from undergrad. Yes, it took an adjustment period concerning my income, lifestyle, etc., but for me, it was the best thing to wait.

Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:11 pm
All-star
All-star

I am planning on going to Grad School but like everyone else I do want the first hand experience in the classroom first. I feel that you will get more out of grad school if you have had the real life experience of working and teaching kids then if you went directly after undergrad.

Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:43 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 5 posts ]