View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Reasons behing homosexuality 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I know this was talked about in class but what do most people think about the reasons behind homosexuality? Why do you think that some people end up being interested in persons of the same sex?

Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:56 pm
All-star
All-star

I believe that it is primarily genetic, but some people experiment and then choose that lifestyle. Most gay people I know just say that is they way they were made.

Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:26 pm
All-star
All-star

Alright, I'll admit that I avoided this topic at first, but what the hell. I feel that there are gay people who make the choice to be gay or bisexual for one reason or another. However, I primarily feel that there is some biological reason that most gay people are gay. I used to feel it was solely a choice, but the more I have researched the subject I have found this not to be true. I have talked to many gay people, and most of them have said they would never make the choice to be gay. They simply cannot deny who they are. Bisexuality is a little different, and I tend to think that is more of a choice. However, as far as homosexuality is concerned I abosolutely think there is genetic backing to it.

On a side note, I was speaking with one of my gay friends recently and he is opposed to gay marriages. He believes that marriage should be between a man and a woman. I just found that to be very interesting and most definitely the exception.

Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:47 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think being gay is primarly a genetic thing. Although I do think that some people choose to be that way.

Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:11 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

I believe that homosexuality is purely a choice. Case in point: Twins where the egg divides have the same genetic makeup. If one twin is gay, then other should be too. However, in this case I have heard of twins where one is gay and the other is not. In addition, if homosexuality were an appropriate natural phenonmenon, then everyone should have the same organs.

Check out my website at www.geocities.com/craze4hikn

Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

I believe that some people may be more genetically predisposed to being gay, but that ultimately it is a choice.

Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:53 am
All-star
All-star

homosexuality, in my opinion has something to do with genetics. i don't claim to know how much, but i do think that there is something pre-disposed. i agree that some choose the life-style for attention and other reasons but most feel it from the inside that they are different from others.

Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:31 am
All-star
All-star

What I am about to type is somewhat related to this topic...I feel that for the most part that it is a choice. However, I recently read an article about a man who changed his sex because he had always felt he was a woman. He is a well educated individual and a physician as well. He stated that women during the 1940 through the 70s recieved a form of estrogen to prevent miscarriages. He stated that this medicine often changed the chemicals within the minds of male fetus while they were in the womb. This was something that made me really ponder if genetics, medicine given to mothers is a reason for being homosexual or if it is truly choice..

Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:52 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]