View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Effectiveness of your program 
All-star
All-star

With regard to physical education, I feel it is lacking a couple of regards and was wondering if anyone else felt the same about their programs.

Concerning P.E., we get a certification in K-12 but have little to no actual contact with high school age students. Most of the classes are centered on K-5 with a few looking somewhat at middle school. Also, a good portion of our classes are centered exclusively on planning with little to no actual teaching. And although we get 30 plus practicum hours in the actual class, I think it would be good for us to get more, plus we need to go outside of Watauga County in order to encounter more diversity.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:18 pm
All-star
All-star

I know that I have felt that my History program lacks in some areas. I know that I would really like to see more methods classes. I know what to teach, just not how to effectively teach it. I think a lot of Seconday Ed. people feel this way.

Check out my website at www.geocities.com/craze4hikn

Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

I definetly feel like the history department does a great job with instructing us in content areas. It is once we leave the history department and start taking classes in RCOE that I feel like we are let down.

Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:11 pm
All-star
All-star

I also feel like RCOE really drops the ball when it comes to secondary ed. The History department here is great, but they can't really help you much with the RCOE classes because there is very little communication between the two departments. I find it very frustrating.

Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:40 pm
All-star
All-star

i don't know much about the phys ed classes, but i think high school p.e. should be just as important as elementary, if not more. high school physical activity should be focused more towards health and wellness. i also agree that exposure should greater.
however, i am currently in a high school in a surrounding county, and i must say that there is very little diversity here either. unless we are willing to drive 1 hour+, our chances to view diversity are limited here in the mountains. but i do think that this would be beneficial to us as upcoming teachers to see all different kinds of school settings.

Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:24 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 5 posts ]