View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Technology in the classroom 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

In some of my classes we have talked about the importance of integrating technology into the classroom, as it is becoming such a huge part of our lives. In looking at the future and having your classroom, how do you think you will do this in different subject areas. What are some ideas? Or better yet do you even think technology is important and should be brought into the classroom?

Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:48 pm
All-star
All-star

i also have the technology class right now, and even though the class is bothersome, i think it is definitely essential. technology is not going away, it is only going to increase. i plan to implement as much technology as possible into my social studies classes; trips to the computer lab for research, maybe even having them build their own group web pages. I like that I have learned to create a web page. At the beginning of the semester it seemed hopeless that i would ever learn, but now that i have, i feel like i have really accomplished something that is only going to help me in the future. let's face it, students entering the workforce equipped with a technological background will be much further advanced than students with little knowledge of computers or technology. i think as teachers we should give our students as much help as possible while we can!

Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:45 am
All-star
All-star

I think it is very important to teach students how to use technology, because it is becoming a big tool in our society. Also, it can be a great tool for teaching. For example instead of having students always write on paper, why not let them type a story and illustrate it with a "Paint" program. Or let them do research on the internet. Making PowerPoints to present information to your students can be a welcome, effective change from the typical lecture style. Music in the form of video or CD can also be integrated into many subjects.

Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:25 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

The school I did my internship at was a technology school. I think technology is very important and helpful in so many ways. My favorite technological tool that was used in the classroom was the overhead where you didn't have to use transparencies of any type. It is very convenient and beneficial for teachers and students. When the teacher wanted to show the class something from her computer she could hook it up to the overhead. I think technology in the classroom is very helpful and technology is used more and more every day in our society so it will be benefical to introduce students to technology throughout their education experience.

Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:20 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think technology is very important in today' society, but we need to be very careful how we use it in the classroom. We need to ask if the projects done on the computer are accomplishing the same goals that can be done without a computer, example having them type a paper, or are the goals something that can only be done with a computer, like having a pen pal across the globe to learn about different cultures from first hand experience with other children. Please do not make your computers glorified paper and pencil like so many computer lab classes have become, use them for the great tool they are capable of becoming.

Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:30 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 5 posts ]