View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 What education means to you 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I was just wondering since we are all going to be teachers, what does education mean to you!!! Is it important to you, do you think that it is something that everyone needs???

Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:02 pm
All-star
All-star

To me "education" encompasses all learning whether in or out of the classroom. I think it envolves more than simply knowing something. I think to be educated you have to understand something. People can be educated in anything from the school subjects (math, science, social studies, etc.), to sports, to health, to relationships. As teachers I believe it is important for us to give our students a variety of experiences and exposure to different things, so that students can fill up their "knowledge tanks" and form meaning from it. As teachers, we can guide our students in how to make sence of the knowledge.

Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:09 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Education is definately important. Without it we wouldn't be where we are today, which in my opinon; some are too wise for their own good. I agree with Alissa that education is something that is understood. In each grade you learn many different things and all throughout you take what you learn and apply it to other things taught in school and things in your day to day lives, education is a foundation.

Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:15 pm
All-star
All-star

Education to me is not just teaching, but it is experiencing, motivating, and inspiring children to become something more than they presently are.

Check out my website at www.geocities.com/craze4hikn

Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Education is very important to me. I don't just learn in the classroom. I feel like I learn from everyone around me, including my peers. I think that everyone learns in some form or another, I do think that everyone needs an education, but that education may not come from a school. Many people learn from on the job trainning and therefore that is there education. It all just depends on your situation.

Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:13 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 5 posts ]