View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Nerves about student teaching 
All-star
All-star

i'm just curious, is anyone else nervous about student teaching? my biggest thing is having to be a responsible adult in charge. this will definitely be a first! i can't believe my student career is almost over!

Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:08 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Thinking about being a teacher by myself in a classroom is not making me as nervous as much as not knowing how to handle disipline in the classroom. None of my methods classes have given me any tips on how to handle problems in the classroom. They really haven't even talked about it. I personally am excited that my college days are almost over. I am ready to get out there in the schools and to start making a difference in children's lives.

Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:38 pm
All-star
All-star

I am really nervous about the new situation as well. But I really have mixed emotions about finally finishing school. I will greatly miss all of my friends but I really want to get out into the world and get a job so I can get married. I also feel like and hope that I will return to school after a year or so of teaching. If I do that I want have to worry about my student career being over.

Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:09 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I, personally, am very excited about student teaching but a little nervous I guess. I agree, handling disclipine is a scary though since we haven't had any classes on methods or classroom management. I have been doing a little subsituting here in Watauga County and have absolutely loved it and it is great experience to be in the schools. The best teacher is being in the schools, handling children and the many problems that may come your way. This sounds crazy but I think it will be easier when we have our own classrooms and we can do things the way we want to do them rather than trying to come into a classroom and get to know a teacher. But nonetheless student teaching will be a great experience, and I can't wait!! :)

Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:45 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]