View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Cutting Spanish Programs 
All-star
All-star

I have been informed that due to budget cuts that a lot of school districts are getting rid of their Spanish Programs. I find that with the Spanish Language becoming more and more dominant in our society that these school districts should rethink their decisions and chose an alternative. Do you guys agree or disagree?

Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:28 pm
All-star
All-star

All of these budget cuts really leave me about speechless. Should Spanish be cut? No, but neither should the arts, new textbooks, class size...blah, blah, blah. I definetly would not want to be the person deiding what programs to cut. I'd rather locating money, by cutting other governmental spending and putting it into the schools.

Thu Feb 27, 2003 8:46 pm
All-star
All-star

I agree with Lauren and Megan that not enough money is allocated for schools or teachers. And I think that cutting Spanish classes from schools would be a mistake. Whether we like it or not, Spanish immigrants aer coming to this country, and they are having children. If we as a culture are to grow and prosper, we must be able to communicate with the migrating peoples. Another thought; we always hear about people who are so smart that usually are able to speak another language. Seems to me that Spanish is as good of a language as any to maintain. My two cents! Anyone else have any ideas??

Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:59 pm
All-star
All-star

Our country definitely needs to be more concerned with education our students. There is so much money here in America and our education funds get cut. How can something as important as education have so many buget cuts? I agree with Lauren that in giving our children the best education it needs to include all subjects. I am really suprised that foriegn languages are being cut too. Are we too proud to think that we don't need to know any other languages besides our own? :?

Sat Mar 01, 2003 1:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]