View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Dealing with frustration 
All-star
All-star

I taught a diversity lesson this morning, and the group of eighth graders I taught were unconcerned. How will you as a teacher deal with the frustration of lack of concerned kids or unmotivated students?

Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:39 pm
All-star
All-star

perhaps the magnitude of the lack of interest you had in that class won't happen when you are a teacher in your own classroom. i've been very frustrated with having to go into classes to teach lessons, because when you get there, the students don't know you, not only that but you don't know them. you are almost like a disruption to the flow of their school year. when you have your own classroom you will have more of an opportunity to learn who your students are, which will give you fertile ground to plant seeds of interest in their heads. i think anything we teach should be related to the lives and interests of the students, otherwise how will we expect them to care enough to learn about it?

Wed Mar 26, 2003 4:39 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
All-star
All-star

I just wanted to say that I agree with what Kirk said about how it will probably be easier once you have a classroom of students that are used to you and your own every day of the week. But, I know that sometimes students just really don't care and it can drive you crazy!

Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]