View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 our futures 
All-star
All-star

What is everybody's future plans regarding education? (Do you plan to continue with education for the rest of your careers? Do you plan on getting a masters degree or doctorate? If so, do you see yourself with a different educational path, but still in education? Do you think that you'll still be in North Carolina? Any National Board wanna-be's in the crowd? etc, etc)

Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:42 pm
All-star
All-star

I guess my plans are not very bold. I am majoring in elementary education, and I really want to teach kindergarten. I may get my master's, but it will be a while after I graduate. (I'm figure I'll be sick of college after four years.) I will teach in North Carolina definitely, and probably either in Boone or in Lenoir (my hometown). I'm a small town girl, and that is where I want to stay.

Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:01 am
All-star
All-star

i will be certified to teach art from the k-12 level. i haven't yet decided what will be best for me. i've always thought of myself as enjoying the elemtary students more, but since working with them recently, i'm thinking that might not be so true. i will have a minor in english as well, so i should be able to pick up an english class or two in addition to my art students. now when considering that, i would definitely like to teach at the high school level. who knows, you'll have to ask me again in a few years :lol:

Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:26 am
All-star
All-star

I plan on teaching elementary school for four years after I graduate, and apply for graduate school during that fourth year. I want to get a masters in either administration or in a content area, that way I can either be a vice principal or a principal one day. I might even get my PhD one day so that I can teach at the college level. I dunno...somewhere in there I want to have kids...I probably won't be in North Carolina forever, but I'll be here through my initial teaching and probably through grad school.

Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:59 pm
All-star
All-star

I want to teach for three years, preferably in an inner-city school system. I then want to go to graduate school for administration. I am very interested in being involved in the politics of education. I really want to make as much of a change as possible. I have considered Ameri-core because I could teach in an inner-city school and pay back some of my loans. I also want to get montisorri training because I am interested in trying to bring some of that thought into the regular classroom.

Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:40 am
All-star
All-star

I would really like to work in an inner city school, but stay in the teaching field to get my feet wet and test the waters for a couple years then I would love to go back to graduate school to work somewhere on the administrative staff. I would love to become more a part of an IEP team or something BIG in part of the special education!! :lol:

<3 Jennie Ingram

Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:14 pm
All-star
All-star

I'm just so excited about being in the classroom with kids- that I can't even think of any more school right now! However, I would like to look into getting my masters at some point in my early career-- before I start a family. I want to be at home with my kids while they're little, and then start back full force again when they start school. ... That's my plans so far- but we'll see! :D

Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:42 pm
All-star
All-star

My plans aren't quite that set in stone yet, either. After I graduate, I'll be getting a job as soon as possible in North Carolina teaching high school English. But, I have a minor in French right now and was actually planning on getting certified to teach K-12 French, as well. I'm not sure if that will ever happen, but I might try to go back to school while I'm teaching and take the last few required courses to be certified. Otherwise, I'll teach for a few years, see how it goes, and then maybe think about getting my master's.

Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:36 am
All-star
All-star

I am planning on moving somewhere very warm, perhaps sub-tropical after I graduate. I've been travelling my entire life and I can't wait to experience something new. My boyfriend is an elementary ed. major aswell, so we think about possible future plans a lot. I'd love to move to a Spanish speaking country and teach English. However, I think I will end up in Vermont or Massachusetts or somewhere up there (my home states). Yesterday I got inspired to learn sign language and work with the deaf. I don't know, I'll see what is handed to me. I get so excited because I have so many options!

Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:35 pm
All-star
All-star

I suppose that I should reply to my own topic! I want to begin graduate school a few years after teaching to get K-12 reading certification. I want to do this at nights and during the summers, and as soon as I finish up with that, while I'm still in the mind-frame of school, I want to go for Nat'l Board Certification. As far as where I want to teach, I'm looking at either Wake County or the Fort Bragg School system, and I would really like to eventually teach on a military base overseas. Wishful thinking; I'll let you know if it happens!

Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:16 pm
All-star
All-star

I think for right now I will graduate and start teaching close to home to save some money. I am thinking about grad school but with a couple years of teaching under my belt. I think the first couple of years we will be pretty overwhelmed. I do hope to teach kindergarten or first grade though.
ps. Good Luck with the overseas thing Julie. My last roomate just interviewed for that very same thing. Its not wishful thinking!

Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]