View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Classroom decorations 
All-star
All-star

In a litte more than one year I plan to be setting up my own classroom. :lol: What a huge task for a first year teacher. I look forward to setting up my own place but I also wonder how I will get all materials, books and other supplies I would like to have. I will try to buy things myself but my husband will be in seminary and funds will be short. I hope that I will have parents who are willing to help out too. I know there are resources in the community and on the web. Do any of you all have any recomendations for everyone? :?:

Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:25 am
All-star
All-star

I have also thought about how I will get those endless amounts of supplies that teachers seem to have. Several elementary school teachers have told me that you just have to collect these things over time, not to stress it so much at first. Also, they said to borrow when necessary. Older teachers will be sympathetic and willing to help. Also, I have been told to look out for opportunities to scavenge whatever you can. When teachers move or retire, they often leave behind old supplies. And you know what they say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure." :D

Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]