View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 corporate sponsors in the lunchroom? 
All-star
All-star

After talking with my Mom over the weekend I learned of something that raised my interest. In her school, Papa John's Pizza will give money to the school if once a week Papa John's can come to school and sell pizza to the students and faculty during the lunch-time. I was wondering what you guys thought about the potential nutritional impacts for students, and the leverage the corporation creates by donating money, or am I totally offbase? :? What do you think??

Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:47 pm
All-star
All-star

I know that in my school we had nothing but whatever the lunch ladies decided to cook. In some of the High schools around us they had taco bell, pizza hut, mcdonalds and something like the wrapp shop here. I know that these companies paid big money to be in the schools which was good for being able to to buy supplies and other things but as you said it does effect the nutritional value. I dont know what to think of this because the money is good but obesity is at an all time high in school age kids.

Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]