View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Enders Game 
All-star
All-star

In the book Ender was pushed so hard to become almost faultless at winning battles. The author creates an amazing talent in this young boy. In the end Ender was victorious and famous. Do you think children should be pushed to develop their talents? If so how hard? If not why?

Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:45 am
All-star
All-star

Of course, I think all students should be encouraged to succeed and pursue their goals. However, I think how far you push a child depends entirely on the child. I have always been a perfectionist, and my mom has always said that no teacher had to push me because I was hard enough on myself. My brother, on the other hand, needs to be pushed all the way. So, I think as teachers, we need to see how motivated our students will be on their own. If they need a lot of shoves, then we should step in. Speaking from the perspective of those "I have to do everything right" kids, though, I think they probably have enough pressure from within to not need a lot from teachers.

Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:47 pm
All-star
All-star

I do believe that children should be faced with expectations. However, I believe that it is equally important to instill in children that it is okay to "fail" everyonce in a while and that if they at least try something with the best of their ability they are not failing at all.

Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:11 pm
All-star
All-star

I think children should be pushed to develop their talents. It is all about setting goals but making sure that the goals are reachable but with hard work.

Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]