View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Worst Teacher 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I was thinking of my worst teacher ever and realized that she is one of the reasons that i want to become a teacher. It was my fifth grade teacher and i loved school until i had her. She made school boring and she always fussed at all of the students. I realize i don't want students to hate school and i kind of want to be that teacher that makes them want to come everyday. I also think that she is why i want to teach fifth grade now. What do you guys think. Who was your worst teacher and have they influenced your decision to become a teacher?

Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:41 pm
All-star
All-star

my worst teacher was my AP Chemistry teacher in 11th grade. she had no idea how to teach, all she did was give us lessons from the textbook, and her labs never even worked. i had a 97 average in the class, second highest in there, and i got a 1 on the AP test because i didn't know how to do it, so i went to sleep. the guy with the highest average had a 98, and he only got a 2, which pretty much means the only thing he did better than me was complete the test. to me that says something about the teacher, and it ain't somethin good. she empowered me to not be like her at all, even if i get stuck teaching a filler class that i know nothing about, which often happens to drama teachers, i won't sit there and read from a book and expect things to turn out well.

Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:06 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
All-star
All-star

My worst teacher was in 7th grade Social Studies. She was down right mean. She did not care about us as students. If someone asked a question in class she would make you feel stupid for even saying anything. We had tons of busy work with which half the stuff did not have anything to do with Social Studies. She picked her favorite students and they got to do everything in the class and if she did not like you were screwed. This teacher has always stayed in my mind throughout school. She is everything I do not want to be as a teacher.

Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:48 pm
All-star
All-star

I must say that my decision to become a teacher has been much more influenced by the few teachers that I have really loved over the years. BUT, I definitley had a few really horrible teachers that made me want to change the way things were run in schools. Every time I had any teacher who tried to push his/her values or opinions off on students as the only ones that were right and should be believed, I was infuriated! In English classes, teachers were continually telling you what their interpretation of a work, poem, etc. was and then telling you that you should believe their opinion because it was right. That absolutely drove me crazy and I really felt like I needed to step in and do something to allow more open and honest classrooms to be run with more fun and creative teaching methods- OPEN TO EVERYONE!!!!! :o

Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:40 pm
All-star
All-star

My worst teacher was my 4th grade AG teacher. She was the spawn of Satan. I'm pretty sure that shuned by her peers at school b/c of her terrible attitude towards students. While I was in 4th grade I was told to just keep trying to stick it out and hopefully she'll lighten up. Two students quit the A.G. prgram b/c of her. But revenge is mine b/c her husband left her and she lost her job :twisted:. I'm not wishing anyone any bad kharma but she hopefully learned that she couldn't treat people like that and het away with it. My two cents :D

Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:31 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

aaron thats hillarious stuff -the spawn of satan - good one - i think that has us all beat!

the worst teacher i ever had was my middle school social studies teacher
she worn the same dang windbreaker outfit every day!

she gave pop quizes and thought it was cool when we where surprised and failed it

she had her daughters best friend in there and for the love of god i thought i was going to die- talk about a teachers pet.

i used to try and sneak down to my basketball locker room after lunch so i wouldnt have to go in there!

Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:22 pm
All-star
All-star

I had my worst teacher in the third grade. Normally, I was one of those good kids that always got along well with the teachers and didn't have any problems. But I could not stand this woman. She was really old and really burnt out on teaching. The class was always boring and she would get on our cases for stupid, petty things. She gave me a demerit because I didn't bring back some paper signed. Seriously, how is that a behavior issue? Plus, she always fussed at us for writing too small. The real problem was not our writing, it was that she was almost blind. Now, I don't think that my third grade teacher impacted my decision to become a teacher. However, I do think that she impacted the kind of teacher I will be. She gave me a good example of what NOT to be.

Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:00 am
All-star
All-star

I had very few bad teachers. Most of them were amazing. Well...actually I've had some really bad ones at A.S.U-history, psychology, math...I wish our tuition hike could have paid for more and better professors. But the only pre college teacher I had that was bad was an Alegebra II teacher in high school. She was a basketball coach and favored her players.

Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:05 pm
All-star
All-star

Haha this is great...worst teacher huh?? My seventh grade math teacher....Mrs. HOward. Won't ever forget her. I really think the woman came to school every day without her brain, or interest in her subject. Her style of teaching should not be considered teaching at all. She would always be burning up hot like about to have a heat stroke and would make us go get her water, she wore these sandles that showed her long and nasty fungle toenails...(not yellow polish, just grimey yellow nastiness) She would make us do these quick drills walking by our desks hitting the ruler against the desk loud so everyone knew when it was our turn to go so when we didn't know the answer she could make us look like complete idiots, not to mention the endless board work where u had to go up in front of the class sweating bullets just to show the class how much u weren't understanding, and one time when we didn't have our homework she made everyone that didn't do it go sit outside cuz we weren't worth her time...haha funny because the whole class ended up being outside and she got in trouble with the principle.. Okay yeah so i'm done venting...she was a winner let me tell ya!!

<3 Jennie Ingram

Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]