View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Corporal Punishment 
All-star
All-star

I've heard that some counties in North Carolina still condone corporal punishment in the classroom. What do yall think of spanking either at home or as teachers?

Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:19 pm
All-star
All-star

i used to think spanking wasn't as bad an idea as it is made out to be. when i was younger, i got spanked a lot...with hands, belts, switches, anything....but now that i've been learning about proper punishments i see that it is not a good form, but not because it might teach that hitting is alright. what makes it a bad form of punishment to me is that it is in no way related to the bad behavior, therefore it really does not make any point to the child other than when the adult is mad, you get spanked.

Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:47 am
Profile ICQ YIM
All-star
All-star

I do not think there should be spanking in the schools. There are other ways to deal with the things that go on.

Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:37 pm
All-star
All-star

Christine, you should read one of my posts if you haven't yet read it. It's called "Paddling in school: right or wrong?" I did some research in the surrounding area about corporal punishment. It was pretty interesting :)

Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]