View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Summer Plans 
All-star
All-star

Just a fun post for eveyone to talk about--What are yall's plans for the summer? Any unique jobs or trips?

Sun Apr 27, 2003 1:44 pm
All-star
All-star

Well, I think this is a good idea, because it's always interesting to hear about people's plans! Mine aren't very exciting... I'll be living and working up here this summer and I'm taking one class in the first summer session- it's the CI 3100 computer class because us poor, neglected secondary majors don't get any portfolio help. What about all of you guys?

Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:20 pm
All-star
All-star

I am working at a fabulous summer camp called Agape/ Kure Beach Ministries. This will be my 4th summer at Agape, but my first summer as a team leader. We do weekly camps that range from day camps, residential camps at the Kure Beach site, confirmation camps, and residential camps at Agape. Each week, the counselors have a group of 6-8 campers in varying age ranges, and I will get to lead that program (several programs go on at a time). I could talk for days on this, but I can't wait until I start training May 14th to spend a wonderful summer with wonderful children!

Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:30 pm
All-star
All-star

I have the BEST job ever- but I don't get paid all that much :D ... I get to "babysit" two really fun kids. The best part is that the little girl is always wanting to do something fun and different. She doesn't like much TV or sitting around, so it forces me to be creative and get lots of good practice. Hopefully in my off time- I'll play with my doggies, swim, lay out in the sun, ride horses. I'm going to the beach with my family, and New Orleans with my boyfriend - to visit his family! I'm just so excited about having a BREAK- aren't you all! :D

Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:42 pm
All-star
All-star

Basically, my summer is pretty much undecided. I am going back home (Lenoir). In July, I will be working in the Rising Stars program, which is for kids going into kindergarten. That is only for three weeks. I will be working for the rest of the summer, but I have no idea where. It's all kinda up in the air. :wink:

Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:31 am
All-star
All-star

I will be spending a few weeks at the beach and the rest of the time i will be building houses. While building houses i will take every break i can to hit the lake with a boat and do all kinds of water sports.

Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:26 am
All-star
All-star

I will be working at the Woodland's BBQ once again this summer. So come in and get some BBQ!!!! Our business has suffered tremendously because of the landslide and right now I am so broke that I am living on Easy Mac and grilled cheese! So give me a big tip. :lol: I will also be attending both sessions of summer school!

Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:41 am
All-star
All-star

All I can say is that I CAN'T WAIT TILL THE SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been so occupied with school and block this semester, I cannot wait to have a nice relaxing break! Also, I'm not taking any summer classes for once. My boyfriend (definite future husband) and I will fly down to Florida to visit my parents (he's meeting them for the first time). We're going to rent a car and drive from Sarasota to Key West. We will visit his brother and cousin on the way. Also, we're both going to Massachusetts (our home) to visit his family and part of my family. I also have a bridal shower to help plan for my sister. Buisy summer, but well needed!!

Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:37 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

ive been meaning to go by their and check that place out! me and emily tip good so will try and get you haha.

summer is boston and as many pitts pirate games i can watch
and the dreadful Stat I class i have to take at ab tech (aka: harvard on the hill to us Asheville locals bc its so easy and well its on a hill)

be safe and may we all stay forever young!

Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]