View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Final thoughts 
All-star
All-star

I thought it would be nice to just have a thread on here to talk about our final reactions to our semester, overall. Did you guys enjoy the class? Do you like Dr. Turner's method of teaching, and what did you like or dislike about the class? I'd be interested to hear what you guys thought about your experience in the class and what you feel that you got out of this class. I enjoyed it, and I think that we got to deal with a lot of issues that don't often get touched on in teacher training programs. I think it's good to have an experience like this, and I liked how we could all feel free to speak our minds in class discussion. :D What do you think?

Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:24 pm
All-star
All-star

I really enjoyed this class and think that I learned a lot. I was never bored and enjoyed the discussions. I have been highly recommending that everyone who has not taken Foundations take Dr. Turner for it. The thing that I did not like was the cost of the book; it's too bad that book cannot be added to the rental texts. The thing that I enjoyed the most was that we delved into topics that no one really talks about. Believe it or not, before this class I did not realize what transgender meant and that people could be born intersex. I learned a lot! :wink:

Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:37 pm
All-star
All-star

I thought this class was important! We were able to talk about so many diverse issues that will come up in our future teaching experience with access to a classroom of people with great ideas. What better way to learn! I also enjoyed the laid back atmosphere of the class- we learned a lot- but didn't have to stress ourselves to death by all the unnecessary busy work

Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:05 pm
All-star
All-star

I agree that we did cover a lot of diverse topics in this class. So many good points and ideas were brought up, some of which I had never even considered before. While I can't say that I am particularly discussion oriented, I learned a lot from simply listening to other people's ideas. Plus, I did work up the nerve to talk sometimes, which I think was helpful for me personally. Some of the text was not exactly my favorite reading material, but I do think even those that I did not enjoy entirely offered some good information and points.

Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:43 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

excellent class, we covered so much and talked about alot of issues.
what a great class
very layed back (which promoted my learning)

i too recommend to every one that they take dr turner for foundations

Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:08 pm

It was not Dr. Turner's fault that i did not enjoy the class.
The class covered many controversial issues, but I feel as though my thoughts on many of the issues were not shared by many in the class which made it real hard to express them.

Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:59 pm
All-star
All-star

I think this class was taught as good as possible. We saw many different things that we will be seeing in our future classrooms. The only thing I really found tedious was "Enders Game" and that was only because it was due at a really bad time for me. I had alot of stress as far as school and life in general at the time for me. Dr. Turner did a good and fair job at teaching and grading the class. She would be my recommendation for a teacher to anyone. I have actually enjoyed all of the open conversations between the members of the class. :D Maybe I will have more classes like this in the future. Learning never stops!

Sun May 04, 2003 6:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]