View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Can homosexuals be Christians? 
All-star
All-star

I heard on the news that in Cumberland County a local church was expelled from the Southern Baptist's Association for baptising two homosexual males. I was very angry and it just validated my beliefs that the association is prejudice and judmental. The minister said that he was just upholding Christian beliefs and the example of Jesus Christ. What do you guys think? :(

Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:49 am
All-star
All-star

I personally do not agree with pushing any belief on anyone else, so keep in mind this is just what I believe. I always thought that Jesus Christ was supposed to love everyone no matter what they believe as far as anything goes. I would think this would be true even for homosexuals. Sometimes I wonder if these people really believe that Jesus Christ loves everyone under any curcumstances. If this were the case, there would be no issues about baptizing anyone who is of different sexual orientation.

Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:30 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

i share the same feelings with both of you! a sin is a sin and is all forgiven (as they always say in church) if your heart and beliefs are with Jesus.

whether it be being homosexual (some say this isnt even a sin btw) or cheating on a husband or wife, from what i have learned and was taught was that a sin is equal to each other!

DIDNT JESUS HIMSELF SAY JUDGE NOT UNLESS YE BE JUDGED?

Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:54 am

To coorect you it was in Cabarrus County I think.
and NO homosexuals cannot be Christians.
To allow openly7 gay people into the church would say that it is okay and forgivable.
If my interpretations of the bible are corect then anyone participating in homosexual activity is said to be unclean and the only way to change this is to not participate or think of homosexual activity for a certain amount of time which I am not sure of

Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:04 pm
All-star
All-star

To be a christian, the only thing you need to do is believe that Jesus died on the cross to save your sins, and then was raised from the dead. That's it, it's that simple! From that point on, Jesus wants nothing more than to have a personal relationship with you. With that as the only criteria- anyone who believes that in their heart- is a christian- gay or not. So Yes- I believe you most definitly can be a christian and gay at the same time. However, like some of you guys were saying, that's not to say you would be living a lifestyle that God wants you to live- according to the bible. I just looked up some verses to see what the bible actually said on the matter- and found that it is concidered a sin in God's eyes. If you're interested, look up: 1 Corinthians 6:9, 10; Leviticus 18:22;and Leviticus 20:13. But that's why Jesus died for us on the cross- to forgive us of our sins. We all have things we struggle with. If someone was a Christian and gay also, that would be between him and God alone- and I don't feel like it is anyone elses responsibility to judge!!!

Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:05 pm
All-star
All-star

Just saw this... thought it related to what we were just talking about and wanted to share with you.... Keep in mind that this is in relation to ANY sin. This passage is by Max Lucado in "Just Like Jesus". "Our savior kneels down and gazes upon the darkest acts of our lives. But rather than recoil in horror, he reaches out in kindness and says, "I can clean that if you want." And from the basin of his grace, he scoops a palm full of mercy and washes away our sin."[/u]

Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:00 pm
All-star
All-star

How can you use the most exreme example of love and enlightenment to condemn others? Jesus would be disappointed.

Fri May 02, 2003 10:58 am
All-star
All-star

I agree with everyone that Jesus is all loving and does love everyone unconditionally. People decide on their own whether they are a christian or not by the way they act and treat people, not by their sexual preference. You must always radiate good thoughts and positive energy. There is alot more to being a Christian than being in Church every Sunday ( to me ). BUT, what would Jesus have to say if he walked up on two MEN having sex? :shock:

Sun May 04, 2003 2:05 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Without getting too deep into this topic I would just say that in order to be a Christian you have to live your life by the bible. You guys should read the bible and see what you think it says about homosexuality. Only then can you decide whether you think a homosexual can be a Christian or not.

Sat May 10, 2003 7:19 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

i dont think anyone here is free of sin, but yet we excuse our sin because its "socially" acceptable and yet many continue to practice their sin with the feeling they will be forgiven. yet something consider a taboo sin such as homosexuality arises and we shun it as if christians themselves are free of sin.

Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:04 pm
All-star
All-star

How can this conversation even be happening. We are judging an association for judging gay people. I personally thin that people can be whatever they want to be, and it is up to God to decide those people's ultimate fate. However, judging whether the Southern Baptist Association is right or wrong makes us as guilty as them. I think the only thing to do in a situation like this is to treat people how you believe they should be treated, and not worry about everyone else.

Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]