View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 What is LOVE 
All-star
All-star

I know so many people who are in the craziest relationships that have nothing to do with what it means to really love and care about someone. For example, one of my friends has been in a relationship for 3 years and she sounds miserable. She tells me how she and her boyfriend fight all the time and don't trust each other around the opposite sex. I sit there and think to myself, What the heck is the point??? I get frustrated, because I think some people are in relationships simply because it's comfortable and they have been together this long, so why not stick with it and get married. I don't get it. One big thing I have learned is to not settle. If I am unhappy, I evaluate what love means to me and if this is not going on in my relationship I rethink the situation. I know different people have different qualities for love, but why do you think couples stay in such unhealthy unhappy relationships?? What kinds of qualities do you guys want in your kind of loving relationship? :roll:

Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:48 pm
All-star
All-star

It is so interesting that you posted this, Rachel. Just this week, I broke up with my boyfriend whom I have been dating for two years. We get along great and are the best of friends but he can not tell me that he loves me and has problems being affectionate. I, on the other hand, constantly tell all my friends that I love them and am a very affectionate person. He is going to do his internship in California for three months this summer and says that he may stay longer than that. Being 26, I am concerned about being with someone who seems to be nowhere ready for a committed relationship (possible marriage). The closer I get to 30, the more I am freaking out and don't want to miss other opportunities. I know that it will be hard if not impossible for me to have children so my decision is based somewhat on this. I told him that this summer I want him to think about what I mean to him and if he wants the relationship to go any further. I don't neccessarily want a marriage proposal, I just want to know that we are on the same page. However, I have endured this uncertainty for two years because I was comfortable with him and because I have mistakingly thought that I could change him. kelli

Fri May 02, 2003 10:33 am
All-star
All-star

Who knows? I have thought I did before, but I was mostly mistaken. I think Love has many different faces, it can be obvious or very hard to see and realize. Is love fair? For some people and not for others? Is love something that just happens or can you control it? There are definately different levels and types of love. You always have love for family, which is somewhat different. I have a select group of friends that I consider family that I have all grades of love for and would not trade for anything in the world. I am not sure if I have felt true romantic love for anyone, but it is part of life that I am sure I will experience someday. I think love is a virtue that some people possess and some people do not (most all do), and it is just a matter of how to show it. I have a great love and appreciation for life itself and think everyone should treat each day as if it were the last. You have to plan for tomorrow, but "what if I had done this or that" situations SUCK! You only live once!!! Those are my thoughts on love, for what they are worth. Good luck to everyone with this mysterious subject! :wink:
Don Vosburgh

Sat May 03, 2003 11:42 pm
All-star
All-star

I forgot one part - what kind of qualities that i really respect and look for are HONESTY (numero uno), Compatability (which involves a whole realm of things - really important - if you don't enjoy being with some one, what is the point?), and lastly you have to have some amount of physical attractiveness, which can come in so many forms they are too numerous to list. OK , I will hush! Peace! Have a good Saturday night, I am working on this exam, among many others, so maybe some of you are having more fun than me. See you Monday!

Sat May 03, 2003 11:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]