View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Class 2/10/2005 and Town of Boone Quarterly Public Meeting 
Site Admin

Hi everyone:

I have just been reminded that the Town of Boone is holding its Quarterly Public Hearing at 7 PM on Feb. 10. I am on the town planning board, so I am supposed to be there with the rest of the board and the Boone Town Council, to hear what people have to say.

It is going to be quite a meeting, I think, as the town is looking at the possibility of instituting a one year moratorium on development on steep slopes. I would expect there to be a number of developers there who may be against such a moratorium, and maybe citizens who are in favor of it (witness the negative reaction to the building going on above Wal Mart on 321).

So, I am going to move our 2/10 class to 2/17.

Any of you who are interested in democracy, citizen input, sustainable development, and other related things might very much like to attend - and you might even want to sign up to speak to make your own perspective known!

I am including a link to a website that will provide you with more detailed information. The Quarterly Public Hearing is at 7 PM, in the Town Council Chambers, which is on 321 next to the police station (same building), and next to the post office. I hope to see you there! :D

http://www.partnershipforwataugasfuture.org/

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]