View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 NCLB 

Do you feel NCLB will stay in effect for a long while?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 100%  100%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 5

NCLB 
All-star
All-star

:?: In one of my other classes, we have been discussing NCLB. I was wondering what you guys knew about it and what you think of it.

I think it has some good points, but needs to be researched more before it is implemented. If that were to happen, I think they would be able to find some of the flaws of it and be able to correct them from the get go. I feel this may change the attitude of a lot of people about it.

Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:42 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Personally the act really pisses me off. It has been constructed by people who have only been in the classroom when they were students. Luckily NCLB is not getting the funding it needs so its not being implemented to its full potential. I think there are good intentions behind the law, but it just needs to be refined and changed a bit. The government has too much say in the school systems, and they just really need to let educators help them out

Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:05 pm
All-star
All-star

NCLB has it's good points but as Andrea pointed out it was not written by educators. Funding will be a huge problem and probably the one item that will contribute the most to it's demise. The government, both federal and state, need to be realistic in their goals and receive input from the people in the battlefield.

Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:27 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

From what I understand about No Child Left Behind, it’s basically “A Nation at Riskâ€

Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]