View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 What do you hope for as future teachers? 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Thanks so much everyone for sharing tonight about what you place your hope in. I really enjoyed listening to everyone share. I was just curious now about what you guys hope for as future teachers. Please share if you have the time. I would love to know what you think!

Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:20 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

My hope is that I make a big difference in my students' career in school. I hope to be one that encourages and inspires them to succeed and to pursue their dreams. I just hope that I do a good job and do the best that I can everyday in the classroom. :D

Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:28 pm
All-star
All-star

I hope to help my students see that they can overcome any obstacle placed in their way. My hope is to show them that their future depends on the choices they make. Another goal I want to achieve is to help them to accept the person they are and encourage to be unique.

Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:39 am
All-star
All-star

My hope is never put children into categories. I want to encourage the students to chase their dreams instead of beating them down. I would love to have students come back and tell me that they pursued their dreams because of my encouragement.

Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:08 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I hope that as a teacher I will be able to aet a good example for my students. I would like for my students to be self-confident and to choose healthy lifestyles. ( sense I'am going to be a PE teacher) I mostly want my students to get more out of PE than just social time and some activity. I want them to learn something and to be able to apply it in real-life situations. I want them to succeed as adults.

Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:05 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

My hope as a teacher is to help those who need it the most. Lots of times we see teachers who just want to work with the ones who have a positive outlook in their future (ex: future college students). Many times we see those who struggle in school or those who just don't like school get left behind because a teacher does not want to put forth the effort to help. I think we as teachers have an obligation to help all of our students when they need it. Some kids do not want to be helped and those are the ones we need to try to reach the most. We won't succeed with all of our students but changing that one life is what it is all about. I want teaching to really challenge my life, if it don't than I have failed. But then again, failure is something I will not accept.

Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:23 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have so many hopes for my future teaching career. It sounds so cliche but it really is true that I want to make a difference in even just one child's life. I was a child of a divorce and that interfered with my schooling because I acted out in reaction to problems at home. However I am thankful for that experience because with today's divorce rate being so high, I know that I can relate to so many of my students. My hope is that I will be able to see those feelings of sadness, confusion, and hurt in my students and will be able to comfort and encourage them, however without getting involved too much. I want to be a teacher that truly cares about the students and when a student has a behavior problem, to be able to realize that there is more to it than the child just being a "bad" child. My hope is that I am sensitive to all of my students needs and feelings.
Also after reading Lies My Teacher Told Me, my hope is that I will be able to teach the truths to my students in such a way that they will understand but it not be over their heads too much. Kids can take a lot more than we give them credit for, and my hope is that I will realize them and teach them the correct facts to the best of my ability.

Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]