View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Learning Spanish 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I got the chance to work with spanish speaking children in New Jersey through a Head Start program over spring break this year and loved it so much. I originally didnt know I would be working with these children and was very suprised when I found out because I have never taken any spanish classes. I ended up learning a lot and really feeling obligated to learn the language so that I can better communicate with that population. I am planning on taking some courses before I start teaching and maybe during the summer after my first year, but I was wondering how you guys feel about the importance of us as teachers to learn Spanish so that we can communicate with those students who come into our classroom speaking only Spanish. It is something that weighs heavily on my mind now because of my experience during spring break. How many of you are planning on taking spanish classes or learning spanish on your own for this purpose??

Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]