View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 equality and justice 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I believe that in some cases not all but in some it is true that the more a student is held back or being treated unfairly it may have a postive effect giving the student the push to succeed in the future. It seems that the more someone is held back from something the more some people will work harder to get it.

Mon May 23, 2005 8:00 pm
All-star
All-star

What you say is true, but it can also lead someone into depression.

Mon May 23, 2005 8:05 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Yes, i agree. I was stereotyped in school and was determined to prove teachers and classmates wrong. However, I think it would be unfortunate if children are learning by being descriminated against or from feeling bad about themselves..(maybe this is not what you were meaning)

Mon May 23, 2005 8:06 pm
All-star
All-star

Some people who feel they are being held back just give up. They feel that if someone else thinks that they are worthless, then maybe they are. Students should not be allowed to feel this way about themselves. We should try to encourage students to never give up even if all seems hopeless.

Mon May 23, 2005 8:08 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

I have a cousin named Melissa...yes sometimes going through a rough spot can improve ones image and change their determination into steel...when the going gets tough the tough get going. :lol: :lol:

Mon May 23, 2005 8:13 pm
All-star
All-star

:?: part of what we talked about last night was the pursuit of justice, much like the pursuit of happiness. I think students do learn about the pursuit of justice, and just like in the real world, it does not always happen in the school setting. One of the things they learn through this experience is the WHY behind justice: why it does and does not alway happen. Either way they are encouraged to THINK about the process.

Tue May 24, 2005 6:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]