View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 About the Video... 
All-star
All-star

Location: In the reference section between World Book and Britannica.
I tried to understand what went through the minds of the soldiers as they participated in this heinous act. I recalled the time when I was a kid and shot a bird out of this tree in the front yard with a BB Gun. I felt terrible inside afterward and have never owned any type of gun since. I then remembered how a pack of dogs attacked and killed on of my cats. I waited for the next time they would return, and when they did I shot one directly in the face with a BB, I had borrowed a BB gun from a friend, and got the rest of them as they ran away. Afterwards, the dogs never returned, and I felt glad for what I had done.

Fri May 27, 2005 2:24 pm
All-star
All-star

I too shot a bird with a BB gun and felt bad. In my training in the military I was trained to react without thinking. They test you and train you so much that when you do react you're not thinking about the consequences, that comes to you later. Also, being in that type of militaristic situation makes you continuously tense and it is like the man said, "I just went blank." And one more point is that some of the people involved may have actually liked what they were doing. You have to look at the stand point of the soldiers. Everyone looked alike, and when the time came to get revenge for their fellow soldiers they took it.

Fri May 27, 2005 8:15 pm
All-star
All-star

I also shot a bird when I was very young. I used a .22 to shoot it off of the horseshoe stob in the back yard. I remember thinking that I was too far away, and that there was no way I would hit it. Well, I killed it, and I thought my dad would be mad. So I through it in the dog lot so that my brother's dog would take the blame. I recently sold all of my handguns, but I kept the rifle and my shotgun. I don't think my son can shot himself with them.

Fri May 27, 2005 9:04 pm
All-star
All-star

When my grandfathers eyesight began to fail him he would call me outside to shoot a squirrel down that the dog's had treed. The first time I did it I was so afraid that I wouldn't be able to do what he asked of me--he just put the gun in my hands and assumed I would. So I did. Afterwards I was proud because I was able to do what he needed done. (The poor dogs would howl under the tree for hours because this is the way they had 'played' with my grandfather in the past: As they took walks in the woods, the dogs would tree a squirrell and pawpaw would shoot it down for them.) The other times I have shot things were hawks and foxes that were after my livestock. I never felt guilty about doing what I saw as neccessary.

Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]