View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Vietnam video 
All-star
All-star

It is interesting to know that hundreds of people can die and no one has to answer for it. The only person found guilty did three days in prison and was released. Watching the video reminded me of my son and how much i value his life. I could not imagine losing him at any age. A parent should never outlive their children. If this were to happen in the United States the survivors would be millionaires. I know that it does not replace the lives that were taken, but it can help you start over again. The people of the village were still working the same fields in their poor looking outfits. The army practically said, "oops, my bad" and moved on.

Fri May 27, 2005 9:15 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

What you say is so true. it is just because of where it happened that makes it to where the people will see nothing to help. And I am not a parent myself but in my family i have some younger members and i hope that i never will see them die because you are right a parent should never outlive their child.

Sun May 29, 2005 11:04 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think when ever there is war there are no easy answers to some of the things that take place. War is not an easy thing obviously, and it is hard to answer questions when I have never been in that situation. I have three children of my own and honestly if I had to watch one of the die like some of the villagers had to watch theirs I would want to die as well. Heather

Mon May 30, 2005 11:38 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Post War
I find it very difficult to understand how this could happen. War is such a horror especially when we are risking our brothers, children, fathers and now mothers to protect another countries freedoms. Dont forget most of the Vietnameese really did not want us there. In the begenning they thought of us as their saviors but in the end we would be the ones who murdered their children.

Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]