View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Interview with Bill Bigelow 
All-star
All-star

I decided to read Mr. Bigelow's interview before reading his article. Another inspiring teacher! I agree with him. I do not want to be remembered for my long class lectures. I want the students to look forward to my classes, and I do not want them to plan the day around napping in my room!! I want them to learn, but I want my class to be so interesting the students do not realize what's happening. I want them to enjoy learning. I am going to keep copies of the articles we are reading, so when I am out in the field, and if I am having trouble, I am going to look up some of these fine teachers and ask them for advice. I guess that's why I asked Dr. Turner if she would be available to us once we start teaching.

Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:47 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree with all of your comments. I hope that my classes are interesting enough that the students remember what they learn. I truly believe if we make learning interesting and meaningful, the students will want to know more. Also, there are so many great teachers out there willing to share their successes and failures. Hopefully I will learn from them and someday be able to contribute ideas to other teachers.

Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:23 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I see teachers and have had teachers that do such a great job of making their classes fun, interesting, and different. I think it I could come up with the ideas; I am just afraid I will not have the energy.

Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]