View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 MARTIN LUTHER KING 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I found his letter from the jail outstanding. As far as I'm concerned Martin Luther King is one of the greatest speakers of our time. Note I did not categorize him as black or during the civil rights movement. Did anyone take a look at all the footnotes? What a wide range of knowledge of numerous subjects he had. His style was humble yet non-apologetic for his views. I'm sure he was responding to critism from highly-respected leaders and after reading his letter I would have been ashamed to question his actions. What a shame to loose him. I think he would of brought greater self-respect and dignity to the movement verses Malcom X and the Black Panthers..What does everyone else think?

Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:35 pm
All-star
All-star

I agree Mary. I am always glad to see outspoken people who are also well educated indivuals, regardless of whether I agree with their views. Some one who has done their homework is much easier to have respect for than someone who comes off as a raving lunatic. I can at least listen and learn from them about their point of view.

Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:48 pm
All-star
All-star

When Martin Luther King speaks of freedom he means for everyone. He wanted equal rights for everyone, not just the Blacks. He was killed bysomeone who feared his knowledge. Malcom X was killed by a member of his own gang. King did not like violence. Malcom X and the Black Panthers did not mind violence.

Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]