View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What men wear... 
All-star
All-star

"Braveheart Men in Skirts" and "Robin Hood Men in Tights" are interesting views of how a man's wardrobe has changed. I can not imagine "Gladiator" with the men wearing dress pants. Back in the time that these characters lived, it was the style. Today, only Denise Rodman and guys who lose bets wear dresses. When I was in highschool 2 football players lost a bet and wore dresses to school on Haloween. They made the most of it and played around. I'm glad it was not me!

Could you imagine Dirty Harry saying "make my day" in a skirt?

Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:33 pm
All-star
All-star

I think guys in skirts are sexy. I saw Ashton Kutcher in a kilt and had to get a napkin. LOL I asked both of my sons if it became the norm for guys to wear skirts would they? and they both said no.

Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:02 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

I knew a guy in the army who was obsessed with Marilyn Manson and he wore a long black dress when he was off duty. Sometimes he stopped by our house and people really stared at him. I think it is up to each person to do what they like and not worry about what everyone else thinks.

Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:52 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Would you guys wear a skirt for a grade? Money?

Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:54 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Do you think there is a difference between wearing a Kilt and wearing a skirt??? I Do

Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:59 pm
All-star
All-star

I believe there is a big difference between a kilt and a skirt. Men in Scottland still were kilts and compete in physical events. The kilts are a part of their tradition. I can not think of an American tradition that involves men wearing skirts, unless Tom Hanks wanted to revisit his "Boosom Buddy" days.

Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:54 pm
All-star
All-star

William Shehan wrote:
". Today, only Denise Rodman and guys who lose bets wear dresses.

Not too sure I agree with you on this one Eric. That is part of what we talked about last night. There are guys who wear skirts by choice, not because they lost a bet.

Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:33 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I'm with you Machel... kilts are sexy... especially if Ashton K. is wearing it! However, most men couldn't pull it off. NOT because they wouldn't look great, but more because they would feel so freaky.

Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:41 pm
All-star
All-star

Location: In the reference section between World Book and Britannica.
Would you guys wear a skirt for a grade? Money?

Who needs money or a grade? Not that I have a burning desire to wear a dress or skirt, but I don't think that I would be embarassed by it. The breeze might actually feel nice :lol:

Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:03 pm
All-star
All-star

If Gayle Turner said that it would count for ten posts, Would you wear a dress or skirt to class. I know that we don't have any more meetings and I already have enough posts, but would any of you other guys go for it?

I would not :oops: I look goofy enough in normal clothing.

Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:36 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think that if it came down to it and I could get an "A" and not have to do all the post and take the exam, I would wear a skirt. I feel comfortable enough with my masculinity that it wouldn't bother me; not to say I would wear one for the shear fun of it.

Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:32 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I went to Key West with a group and this guy Andy wore a skirt all the time. He was completely heterosexual and very good looking. I think a confident and attractive or out-going guy can pull it off the best.

Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:28 pm
All-star
All-star

Location: In the reference section between World Book and Britannica.
I think a confident and attractive or out-going guy can pull it off the best.

Thanks for the compliment. HaHaHa.

Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:42 pm
All-star
All-star

I would wear one too, if I got out of the final exam but if it were to count for a couple of posts I would not. There is a price for most things. I would wear a mini-skirt to get out of the final exam. :D

Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:23 pm
All-star
All-star

Well my my how the times have changed - just think back to when Prince made the movie "Purple Rain" he wore a shirt that looked like it was ripped off of a bare chested hunk on the cover of a harlequin romance novel - hmmmm but it worked for him because it added to his image. I am a woman but clearly I enjoy wearing pants but thats not to say that I would be thrilled about dating a guy that liked to prance around in dresses but thats me to each their own. At least on some level you have to maintain your sense of humor lol.

Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:43 pm
All-star
All-star

The breeze is wonderful Chuk! I was not embarassed by it -well I mean that I would not be embarassed by it if I ever wore one.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:38 pm
All-star
All-star

I know that Joshua will probably not be in our next class, but Chuk and Johnny will. If you guys don't have a problem with it, borrow a skirt and wear it. I admit that I would be uncomfortable. I asked my wife if I wore a skirt around what she would think. She said that I would have to have lost my mind, and she would have me committed.

Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:27 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I just finished reading everyones replies and thought some of them were hilarious. However, my mind goes back to the last film we watched in class on transgender (I did not enjoy the film and although I do agree everyone to their own...my upbringing made me less sympathetic or maybe even disgusted sometimes). I did think those people took their preferences seriously and paid a very high price for their choices. What if our hearts desire was to wear a skirt or kilt and would loose everything we hold dear of we chose to do so?

Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:45 pm
All-star
All-star

On St. Patricks Day there is a parade in New York or maybe it is Chicago. It is in the Harrison Ford movie "The Fugitive." There are men wearing kilts and marching down the street. Some of them are playing bagpipes. These guys are not wearing something that was not designed for them. A skirt was not designed for a man to wear. I believe they are two very different items of clothing. Quoting the Grinch, "Its a kilt sicko." Even he would not wear a dress.

Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:56 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

You guys are such a sell out. At least Chuk said that he would do it for the kicks and forget the money and the grade. By the way I would wear a skirt or a dress for an A.

Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next