View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Helen Keller 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I must say after reading the Helen Keller article, I realize how controlled our public and private education is.
I had never been exposed to that information before this article.
The Rosa Parks article was eye-opening as well.

I would hope in this day of Internet use, our students would be able to uncover unexposed information.

Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:57 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

you make a great point and i hope the same thing that with todays information being so open to so many individuals that information can get out to the children and adults today so that things can change.

Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:56 pm
All-star
All-star

I hope that students use the Internet to help them with their learning, but I think that there are too many distractions on the web. Students will end up on the music and movie sites or just chat on messenger services.

Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:09 pm
All-star
All-star

The Internet is a bittersweet thing. Students can leran alot on the Internet but they can also learn alot of the wrong things. Children have even been killed by people that have tracked them down through chat rooms. So we must keep a close monitor on what students do while on them.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:26 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree with Johnny that the internet is a bitter sweet thing. It has opened many doors of information it is unbelievable. There is not one thing that you can not find info on from the internet. However, as most things in life there is a negative side as well. There is lots of info and people that can be obtained via the internet that is harmful to our students. We must must always watch over and be the keeper of what our children and student are exposed to. Yet, aside from this they can obtain some good, informative info.

Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:43 pm
All-star
All-star

Of course, not all the information on the Internet is true. You just have to make sure it is a legitimate site and not someone just writing something they know nothing about. We need to monitor our students. Of course, at school they do block a lot of websites that are in certain categories. This is a good thing.

Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:13 pm
Profile YIM
All-star
All-star

I agree with you, Annette. The Helen Keller and Rosa Parks articles were informative, although I had heard some parts of the Rosa Parks story before. And yes, the internet can be informative yet "bittersweet" as noted above.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]