View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 transgender restrooms 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

What did people think about the idea the radio talk show host guy in one of the video's when he said nowadays we should have 3 different restrooms? Not a bad idea in todays day and age.

PS. That really wasn't Julia Roberts body in Pretty Woman? Man what a let down.

Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:39 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Three bathrooms are not a bad idea if there is a big community of transgenders. Someone told me not to long ago that in France they have one bathrom for all and that males and females go together. It is not strange for them do use public bathrooms for this is what they are used to. This would be one option of alleviating the idea of 2 or 3 bathrooms. I'm not sure the U.S. is ready for this.

Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:35 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Actually there are many places in the US and even here in Hickory where I have run across unisex bathrooms. It is not that uncommon and will probably eventually be the norm or even recquired.
This is me: Jennifer T.- Sorry

Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:15 pm
All-star
All-star

I will have to ask where the transgender prison is. I could not imagine a person with mixed body parts making it in a male or female prison. You could say that the reproductive area qualified you for your prison, but could you imagine a male with breasts like a super model. He better be ready to fight. It would cause to much trouble.

Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:27 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have no problem with a unisex restroom. At Valley Hills Mall there are family restrooms. There will be a third restroom designed for homosexuals before there is a third restroom for transgender folks. These group is made up of so few of the total population that it'll never happen. Anyway, aren't they generally such closeted group that wouldn't want to enter a public restroom that outed them?

Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:21 pm
All-star
All-star

I agree I dont think that transgender people would want their own restroom because they would be afraid of being outed - we all know the value and importance of being accepted by ones peers can you imagine the looks and sidelong glances that you would get. After all aren't they struggling to fit in with the rest of society?

Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:47 pm
All-star
All-star

A third restroom will be ok but if we keep going with every group that is different then there will be an entire row of just bathrooms. This reminds me of the black and white restrooms before the civil rights era. Maybe not all transgender peolpe want to be outed by going in a specific bathroom.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:30 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Being transgender could be compared to someone with a significant health problem, such as having a colostomy(spelling?) bag. You truly would not know and it is their business if they want you to know. I hate to use public restrooms, but a unisex restroom is no different than a porta-john.

Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:54 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

You know I feel really bad for people who are transgender. They are fighting so hard for rights but its the other people "drag queens" who really hurt their image. As for three bathrooms I think that is one way to recognize the problem that exists but how do transgender people feel about it. If they have male parts but leave as a female would they feel comfortable going into a third bathroom with people who have female parts and living as a male. If you go into the third bathroom you are annoucning to the word that you are a transgender.

Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:50 pm
All-star
All-star

Location: In the reference section between World Book and Britannica.
I agree with those of you who are saying no to a third bathroom. I think it would definately make someone fill singled out. What if we have bathrooms for short people where everything is made a smaller size to accomadate or perhaps restrooms for larger people, no Eric not anatomically, think about how you would feel having to use one of these "different" restrooms.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:10 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

a transgender restroom would be like a co-ed floor at colleges and i lived on a co-ed floor and there were co-ed bathrooms it never bothered me really it was just how it was.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:15 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I also agree that a third restroom would be a lot of trouble. Everyone is different and we cannot make accomodtions for each sub group. Beside, I have been at large events where the ladies line was wrapped around the corner and noone was in the men's line. Women have stood guard and took turns so females could use the men's restroom. I prefer not to use any public restroom, but if I have to then I will use what is available.

Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]