View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Video From Monday. 
All-star
All-star

Location: In the reference section between World Book and Britannica.
I really liked the statement that the was given by one of the fathers in the video. "It has nothing to do with me, this about you." To me that shows a very supportive and understanding person. Anyone that can sincerely make a comment like that should be commended. Often we are to blinded by self and never see the ones around us that are hurting.

Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:50 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree with you that the father is to be commended. I think alot of parents would feel very guilty and ashamed for whatever unknown things they may have done to contribute to their child's situation. Parents often take either too much blame or too much credit for their children's actions.

Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:32 pm
All-star
All-star

I agree that it was good of the father to not make the son feel guilty. Guilt can do terrible things to us but it can also encourage or make us better people. Go dad!!

Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:32 pm
All-star
All-star

I did not see the video but what I have read here shows a respectful father. My dad is respectful but he is also set in his ways. He told me not to come home if I ever got an earring in my ear. He also has a thing about long hair on men. Trust me I hear it from him all the time.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:43 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think it is easier for people to put themselves before others. I like that statement as well. If for nothing else than a reminder to everyone that we are not the only people on this planet.

Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]