View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Just wondering about your exper. w/ this class. 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

What are 3 main things that really made an impacted on you in this class? For me it was;
1) Learning how important it was that I get a grip on my stance in education so that that I can stand firm in my beliefs as an educator.
2) Becoming more aware of institutionalized racism.
3) Becoming more aware of some of the downfalls of public education; "Why Johnny Can't Disobey", "Culture of Power" standardized testing.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:15 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

This class has opened my eyes to so many things that I am pobably guilty of doing. The biggest thing I have taken away from this class is when it comes to teaching my students I am going to find effective ways for them to reach higher forms of thinking. Just as I have learned to stand firm by what I feel is "right", I hope that I can pass that ability on to my students to be more confident in their own ideas and that expression of those ideas does not have to fit in a box.

Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:11 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

The main concept I took from the class was the knowledge I drew from those of you who are presently teachers. All the classes and discussions cannot compare to actually teaching and truly listen to everyone's experiences.

Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]